I’m back and with maybe the best American Horror Story gif turned meme (via Vulture) ever made because I just can’t help myself. (If you don’t know the reference or AHS then we need to have a chat and you need to put that Netflix account to use!) Like I said, I’m back and talking about my favorite things…literally, I am talking about my favorite things.
Unfortunately or maybe fortunately, this isn’t a Q & A on how I feel about The Sound of Music or the human phenomena that is Julie Andrews. This week’s batch of questions is all about my favorite things! Just the word favorite puts that song in my head for days. I’d clear my throat and arrange them into an uplifting song for you, a song that chases away your fears on stormy nights, but I am no Julie Andrews in any Julie Andrews movie so I think I’ll save you the trauma. Instead, I think I’ll nerd out about my favorite scary movie, TV, music and books. Oh, and silver white winters that melt into springs, of course.
When I think about summer the first thing that comes to mind is that opening scene in High School Musical 2 and Zac Efron wearing that blue on blue striped shirt that makes his eyes pop, staring at the clock as everyone around him chants “summer” until the dismissal bell rings. Second, I think about unrelenting heat and absolute freedom as a kid and a student. Break out the sunglasses and passports, I’m talking about summer.
This week’s batch of questions is all about the things that disrupt my calm, sometimes indifferent attitude toward everyday life and makes me seethe with rage or has me mentally and physically stunned and emotionally out of whack. So many fun times to be had, don’t you think?
5 songs you’ll listen to the rest of your life
5 things on your bucket list
- Be in the same room as Jessica Lange. (Because let’s face it, I would crumble and make an idiot of myself if I tried to talk to her. I’d die if she ever read something I wrote.)
- Travel, travel and travel! Currently, I really want to visit Greece and New Orleans.
- Go to Comic-Con at least once in my life.
- Go to a movie premiere.
- Be a Los Angeles Lakers season ticket holder.
5 celebs you’d love to hang out with for a day
- Tatiana Maslany — I’d ask her to switch between all of her clone characters on Orphan Black and time her with a stopwatch. She would probably hate me. (No spoilers for the Orphan Black season 2 premiere! I haven’t seen it yet!)
- Spike Jonze — he creates such distinct, visceral worlds in his movies and I’d love to pick his brain.
- Walt Disney — We’d spend the day at, well, Disney World.
- Gillian Jacobs — for the Vines.
- Donald Glover/Childish Gambino — Because The Internet.
5 things you always carry in your purse
- Pens I probably got for free somewhere
- Moleskine notebook
- Mini lint roller
- Something sweet!
- And hand sanitizer…and tissues…and sunglasses! Technically, I’d most likely be wearing the sunglasses. Yeah, that’s a little more than five… Oops?
Share the last 5 pictures on your phone
Honestly, the last 60+ photos on my phone are from the Childish Gambino concert and I’m going to do a whole other post on that later this week so these will have to do for now…
Questions Courtesy of:
What was your best birthday?
What was your best vacation?
What is the best movie(quality) you’ve seen?
What is the best TV show ending of all time?
Checking Twitter is apart of my daily routine much like having a cup of coffee in the morning. My body just goes into autopilot when I grab my iPhone, open the Twitter app and swipe my finger down the screen, waiting to hear that little “pop” sound so I can feast on the thoughts of people I find engaging. Even when I went through a social media cleanse and deactivated my Facebook, I refused to part with Twitter, which, I’m sure, says a lot about me.
When did you join Twitter?
July 2009. It all began the summer after my senior year of high school, but I didn’t actually start using Twitter much until I moved to Portland, OR, for college. It’s just the easiest way to keep in touch with friends and stay updated on a world that’s in a constant state of change.
Who is your favorite non-celeb to follow?
Other than my friends and family, this guy:
Who is your favorite celeb to follow?
Have you ever had a celeb respond to a tweet?
What is your favorite store/brand to follow?
Give us three tweeps we should be following.
That’s all for now! Be sure to check out my Twitter — @goawayjess — and follow me if you like. I usually tweet about life, writing, music, movies and television with random thoughts in between. Until next week!
Questions Courtesy of: