My intention is for this blog to be a running record of my personal human experience, a creative outlet and a way to keep my writing skills sharp. It’s mostly for me to look back on when I’m older and need a good laugh at myself. Its other purpose is to save the people around me who only casually watch TV and movies (dishonor!) from my excessive thoughts and feelings on the good, the bad and the CW. Welcome to my world!
My name is Jessyca-Ann Pascua. Born in Long Beach, CA and raised in various zip codes on Oahu, HI. I’m a writer with a degree in film and a degree in psychology from Portland State University. I have no childhood soccer trophies, just shelves and shelves of novels, sketchpads, notebooks, dorky Honor Roll certificates and dollar bills autographed by indie bands.
- Night owl. Third Generation Filipino-Japanese American. Coffee dependent. Notebook fanatic. Post-It enthusiast. TV junkie. Film and psychology nerd.
- My love of cold, rainy weather contradicts my love of sunglasses.
- I watch a ton of TV shows, but I wouldn’t call all of them my favorites. My list of my favorite shows include: American Horror Story, Breaking Bad, Veronica Mars, Orange is the New Black, Friday Night Lights, Parenthood, Community, and competitive cooking shows.
- I don’t have a favorite film or genre. I watch it all from Classic Hollywood era musicals to bizarre indie flicks with almost no budget.
- I adore music and go to concerts as often as possible. I firmly believe there is no other feeling like being in a crowd of strangers, one collective body at the foot of a stage, brought together for a single purpose, the mutual love of sound. Flashing lights, screaming fans, sweat, singalongs and smiles.
- Santa Claus gave me a typewriter for Christmas once. Best present ever.
If you want to learn more about me I do these pretty random Q&As sometimes.